Feb 22, 2009

Keeping a positive outlook on things

The kid woke me up at 6:30am (on a Sunday) hollering she peed on her bed. Great. I looked outside and it's another dreary day. I was gonna be depressed and stuff, but then thought, "Well at least it's not 10 degrees, raining, and we don't need to shovel snow." We are lucky here in Southern California, so I should just shut up. With that in mind I cheerily (snort*) looked forward to doing laundry. Got her changed and stumbled around the house gathering more dirty laundry. Fed her milk and bread, made my coffee, my toast, sat quietly in my chair bleary eyed, and waited for Sunday do its thing...at 7:00am.
There are monsters among the dirty laundry.
Following mommy around.
Charlie's like, "Why am I up and having my picture taken this early?"
Kid insisted on wearing a cute skirt and flip flops on a cool morning.
I'm too tired to argue, so whatever.
Then running around in it.
Someone's been burying something in the backyard.
That early??

Made more blueberry muffins. I need therapy...

Madeleine Peyroux streaming from my dirty iPod most of the morning.
I think today is gonna be okay.