Jan 4, 2011

New Year

I hope you had a good new years.  Ours started with my lolo spending the first two days of the new year in the hospital. He had to be confined to get his heart checked. He's home now, but the hospital staff is constantly monitoring him and is still going under series of tests. We're crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.  Health is such a fragile thing and sometimes we take it for granted.  This new year, let's make sure we take care of ourselves and others as well.

My mom, auntie, lola, and lolo had some pretty funny conversations at the hospital, so it relieved some of the stress.  My cousin Kayla came with my auntie for a visit. As my lolo got up from his bed to walk, Kayla looked at his hospital gown and quietly asked my auntie, "What's wrong with lolo's 'dress'?"