Jul 3, 2011

Sequoia National Park Trip

I had a nasty ear infection last week. I had to go on antibiotics. The day we were leaving for our trip, we visited my doc again to see how the infection is going.  It's still not fully healed so he prescribed me with another kind of stronger antibiotics to surely kill the infection. My parents weren't feeling too well either. They had a cough and cold and just weren't feeling 100%. But being the family that we are, regular illnesses like those weren't going to prevent us from going out of town. So we packed our stuff and all our meds and made our way up to the mountains.  A good dose of mountain air will surely heal our ailments. See, this would be my second time here. For amusement, we added some pictures from 2008 to compare.
See?  I feel better already.  Just the thought of all the boulders I can climb on Kaweah River made me excited.
Our lodge is right next to the river which was awesome.
Oh boy, here I come rocks.  I'm looking at my mom to see how far I can go. Her face is like a danger gauge.  Her expressions range from "Eh, it's cool. Go for it." to "OMG, you better get back here or I'll grab you myself." I know those expressions very well. So far it's looking like I'm still on the safe zone.
My parents trained me early on loving the outdoors.
On top of a rock with daddy.
Among the rocks and dirt with mommy.
This is the view from our balcony with the river rushing down below.  Pretty huh?
Whoo-woo!
Cheese-wheeze...breathing the mountain air in and clearing our lungs.
Hanging out with daddy on our balcony enjoying the breeze and the sounds of the river.  We have a couple of days with strenuous hiking ahead of us. We better get some rest.