Mar 6, 2012

The Lorax

Who's this orange dude?
 It's the Lorax, who else?  I recently saw the movie which was based on a Dr. Seuss book. The movie release coincided with Dr. Seuss' birthday which we celebrated at school.  I brought one of my books to school for show and tell called "Are You My Mother?".  Then my dad read a book in class called "I Love the Night Life!" No, it's not the 1970's song by Alicia Bridges (You Tube it - it's a groovy song).  What did I like about the movie?  Well, the character the Lorax, first of all.  He looks like a cool, cuddly, fluffy dude. What 5-year old can resist that? Especially when he lifts his behind to fly (a clever trick I'm gonna try when my mom's not looking). I liked the marshmallow-eating bears. The singing fish are pretty cool.  The Truffula trees are nice.  I really liked the boy Ted's uni-motorcyle.  That was awesome! 
The story was pretty good with lessons learned.  It's not cool how the Once-ler used up all the Truffula trees to make thneeds.  Bad move. Conserve our resources, that's what it says. It's gonna be a pretty sad looking Earth for us young ones if we don't act now.
Here's the original book.  See the movie and read the book too.

* * *