Jun 23, 2012

Brave

I've been waiting to see "Brave" for weeks now.  My mom and I saw it Friday night.  Princess Merida is not your typical princess.  She loves the outdoors, doesn't mind getting dirty, doesn't mind getting scruffed and scratched up, she gets up when she falls down, doesn't mind if her hair isn't combed, doesn't mind if her clothes rip, likes to climb rocks, she's feisty.....wait a minute...that sounds a lot like me...no wonder I like her and I can relate.  You know what else is cool about her?  She's a great archer.  At summer camp, we actually do archery.  I got to use a bow and arrow and shot at targets.  I told my mom I like it a lot.  Then this movie comes out and the heroine does archery.  How about that?  One thing that I didn't like about her in the beginning is that she doesn't listen to her mom and answers back too much.  But in the end, she realizes she was wrong and says sorry.  That's the bravest thing one can do is admit to fault and say sorry.  I like this movie because it shows that girls can be independent thinkers and they can be strong.  It also shows the bond between a mother and daughter. Check it out.