Jun 20, 2012

Summer Camp

Hi there!  How's your first day of summer?  I hope it's going great.  I started summer camp this week at the Wilderness Park in the City of Arcadia.  It's the first time I'm going to summer camp and I was a little nervous.  But once I got there, it got better because I'm meeting new friends and we do a bunch of activities together. We play all kinds of games, do arts and crafts, cook, swim twice a week, go on a field trip once a week (we went to Adventure City today in Anaheim), and barbecue and slip-and-slide on Fridays.  I'm learning to be independent and how to take care of my own stuff like putting my bathing suit on, keeping my wet stuff separate, etc. My mom put a sunscreen stick in my bag so I can put that on by myself too. When she asked me if I did, I said yes. But only on my chin. (awww...my mom said).  I didn't have time to put it all over me, you know.  I told my mom that I'm the littlest one there.  That makes her sad because although we have camp counselors, it's just me to take care and fend for myself.  But it's part of growing up.  It teaches me to adapt to different circumstances.
 Tonight, I'm a little tired.  I requested udon soup for dinner as I watched The Secret World of Arrietty for the 30th time.  I'm wearing a scarf we colored at camp to get my hair off my face (and soup).  
Oh yeah, I get to ride the big yellow bus everywhere.  It picks us at designated schools in Arcadia, then it takes us to the Wilderness Park.  It also takes us to our swimming location and of course takes us to field trips.  I fell asleep in that bus today.  It was a long drive home from Anaheim.  But tomorrow will be another fun-filled day, I'm sure.


HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!