Feb 4, 2008

Picky eater, this one

Mommy: Did you have a good day today?

Maya: (nods head and smiles)

Mommy: Are you hungry?

Maya: (nods head rigorously ) Mmmmmm..

Mommy: Okay, Mommy will heat up the split pea soup.

(After attempting to feed her split pea soup, veggie rice, left over lasagne, Hawaiian bread, crackers, cheese, anything!...all received with a "Naaahh" or "bbffffttttttttt", we got to this:)

Mommy (frazzled and still wiping the last bffffffttt!): Uh, so you want yogurt then?

Maya (big smile, she loves yogurt): Yuh-yaaah.

Mommy: Great.

I read that you have to try to offer one type of food 12 times before the kid accepts it. Not that I'm keeping track, but moments like this feels like I've attempted 36 times already. So Maya ate yogurt for dinner. And me and Charlie? I think you have an idea.

Charlie, our vacuum cleaner, always on the watch for stray peas or cheerios. If he's lucky, he gets whatever "bfffffft!" produces.