Mar 12, 2011

Tea and dominoes

My mom and I went to one of the tea shops nearby to hangout on Friday afternoon. As we sat down to relax, I asked my mom if she had any of my toys in her bag. She said no, but asked me to see what I can dig out from the tea shop's box of table games. I found a domino box set. Instead of playing the traditional game of dominoes, my mom then showed me what we can build with them.  Then I said, I need my Little Pet Shops kitty figurines to go in the domino buildings we're building.  She said she doesn't have them and once again asked me to look in the game box to see what I can find.  I found two knights from a chess set rolling around at the bottom so I took those and they worked perfectly fine with domino buildings, stairs, and trucks we built.  I was entertained for about an hour. That allowed my mom to collect her thoughts quietly and wind down from a hectic work week full of meetings. It was a nice and relaxing afternoon.