Aug 11, 2013

Nisei Week Grand Parade

My friend Sussy and our families went to Little Tokyo today to check out the festivities of Nisei Week.
 It was crowded. People were checking out the food, the music, sights, and getting to know the Japanese culture.
 I think that's a wishing or prayer tree behind me, but I'm not gonna tell you what I wished for.
 Man, I'm short.  Sussy's a head taller than me!
 The parade started on 2nd Street in Downtown L.A. These taiko drummers are awesome.
 I like the dance routines these ladies performed.
 Then there's this gigantic thing.  Not sure what it is, but it's depicting some samurai fight or something.
 More taiko drummers.  Did I tell you they are awesome?
 Oh and yep, we got prime seats on the sidewalk.
 Then there's this jelly-fish thinga-ma-bob.  Very interesting.
 They have pink porta-potties.  Pink.  I'm sure my cousin Kayla would like it.
 Since Sussy and her family are vegans, we went to this restaurant called My Vegan in Pasadena.
I got a Vegan Basil Pho with tofu.  Yummo.  Sussy got some veggie wrap and I also shared my soup with her. Everything was delicious, but I think everyone unanimously agreed that my mom's Yellow Curry Noodle soup was the yummiest out of what we all ordered.  Sussy's mom is going to attempt to cook it.  I'm sure she can do it.
We had a wonderful afternoon. 'Til next time. Sayonara!