Jun 9, 2008

Then and now: Evolution of Maya's mama's art

My former self with acrylics.
My former self with watercolors.
My painting gear with oils and field box.

One of my last watercolors before my daughter was born.

Wow, that seems like a long time ago. The thing with painting is I have to be mentally prepared for it. It requires concentration to reach a certain level of consciousness. If you know how "runner's high" feels (I used to run back then too), then you know what I'm talking about. I have "painter's high". Not from sniffing the paints, silly.
And now, here are my new painting materials...
...with my new painting/drawing buddy. No worries, I'll teach her all about white crayons and paint later on.

She discovers that pen is better than the white crayon because, you know, you can see what you drew.
Present day: Mommy and me "art work" .