Jan 29, 2009

Order

On a typical week night after I put the kid to bed, I sit on the couch to catch my breath and assess the clean up I have to do. As much as I'd like to relax, I start scanning the coffee table and the living room floor to start getting things in order and see where they should go. For example: socks, Brobee, sweater, and lizard = kid's room. Sippy cup, piece of apple, used paper towel, and my coffee cup = kitchen. Bill, bill, bill, Dwell magazine = mommy's desk. There are nights when my head spins and wishes I had a magic wand to command things to go to their respective spots. There are bad days, there are good days. But still, I wish I have magic wand for back up.

Random things in a corner.

Couch pillows used as construction materials for a house.

Doesn't help you organize things if you have a kid who likes to move her furniture around.

I think I was asking her where she put my other shoe.

On bad days, she could throw a tantrum on top of the mess. I basically join in and throw a tantrum on the floor as well. We both feel much better afterwards after our 'drama queen' contest.