May 23, 2010

Garden Stones

After multiple attempts to get my mom to make these, she finally gave in today.  Everytime
I would ask, she always has some kind of excuse.  Like "it's 7:30am and I really don't want to make that right now", or I'm doing laundry right now, we can't", or "it's almost bedtime, maybe next time". Today, I was just waiting for her to say that it was too windy to make them, but I
was really happy when she said yes.  I think it's more "let's get this over with."  Because
you know, they're really not fun to make outside in windy conditions with a 3 year old. 
I basically watched and assisted by being a human paper weight on the work area so
things won't blow away. My mom, in the meantime, rushed kneading the mix and made
sure the plaster didn't harden too fast before the stones were put in. She was also busy
telling me "no this" and "no that".  Geez, I just wanted to put the sparkly glitter on my face
and also dip my finger in the paster.  What's the big deal?  She did, however, let me help
put the stones on and also sprinkle the sparkly glitter.
I thought they turned out good.  We'll decorate our vegetable garden with them. Cool huh?