Jan 23, 2012

World Music

Do you like different types of music?  I do.  Here are some of what I've been listening to:

Indian:
Ringa Ringa by A.R. Rahman & Ila Arun
I recently watched a You Tube video and it's kinda cool and funny at the same time. I was intrigued by the belly dancing.

Portugese:
Samba de Orly by Bebel Gilberto
It's from the film "Rio".  I like a several songs in that movie.

O Samba Tai by Seu Jorge
Cause my mom keeps playing it.

French:
My mom used to hum this to me when I was younger. It's from the film Paris Je T'aime.

Le Festin by Camille
From the film "Ratatouille"

Classical:
Recently, I've been watching "Howl's Moving Castle"  A lot.  I think I have a thing for the main character, Howl. But anyway, I like the main theme of the movie.

Jazz/American:
Anything Ella Fitzgerald/Miles Davis/Diana Krall
I tell my mom these songs remind me of "city and Christmas".  (Mom shrugs.)

Latin/Calypso/Reggaeton/African beats:
Anything on my mom's Zumba dvd.  Guaranteed to get you movin'. The songs get stuck in your head for days, too.

Alternative:
Anything by these artists: Royksopp, Feist, Frou Frou, Daft Punk
Kinda calming or it get's you in a trance.

Pop:
Of course I gotta have some Katy Perry.  My cousin Kayla slept over one weekend and on the way to the park, we had the song "Fireworks" on in the car and we sang to our hearts content. I also like Phoenix, Passion Pit, Jason Mraz, and Adele.

What do you like to listen to? Whatever it is, turn it up!