Jul 11, 2012

Putting things in Perspective


I was tired when I came home from summer camp. We went to Knott's Berry Farm today, so it was sort of a tiring day.  When we came home, I was a little cranky. Made bratty demands at my mom and stuff.  But my mom had none of it.  She ignored me and she went outside to water her veggies.  When she came back in, she found me in my room in full blown crying melt down.  She calmly walked in my room, stood there, and we had this conversation:


ME: WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH*gasp*WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH*gasp* huhuhuhu....

MOMMY: So what are we crying about?  

ME:  WaaaaahhAAAAAAAAAAAAA*gasp* waaaahhhh

MOMMY: Did you lose a toe?

ME: (shook my head) Waaaaaaaaaahh

MOMMY: Did you find a starving kid sitting by a street?

ME: (shook my head) Waaaaahh, sniffle, sniffles...

MOMMY: Did a dog get hit by a car?

ME: (shook my head) No...sniffles.

MOMMY: Did a kid get hurt badly? Did someone die? Lose their house? Lose their parents? Hit by a tsunami?  Any of those?

ME: (shook my head slowly)...sniffle.

MOMMY: Oh ok. Soooo...why are we crying now?

ME: (wiped my tears and had totally stopped crying now) I just wanted...toast.

MOMMY: (laughed out loud like a maniac and then she calmly spoke) Oh alright, I can make you toast.  Is that it?

Me: (nods my head)  

Then just like that she quietly walked out of my room.  My mom can put things in perspective real quick.