Dec 16, 2009

Maya's Book Corner

I love books.  Every night I get to pick two books for my mom to read to me. Some nights I trick her into reading two or three more.  Those are good nights.  It's just one of my delay tactics before going to bed. If you like books like I do, you may enjoy some of my current favorites. They make good holiday gifts too.

"The Tale Of Peter Rabbit "
A classic.  Ask your mom or dad to do an old grumpy man's voice with no teeth when doing Mr. McGregor's lines.  It's funny that way.  Also, so you won't be too scared when he's chasing Peter Rabbit. 

"Are You My Mother?"
One of Dr. Seuss' many, many books. It's a little bird looking for his mother.  I kinda feel bad for him because he doesn't know that his mommy is a bird. Not a hound dog or a cow
or a hen or a...
 
"We're Going On A Bear Hunt"
I know, I know...you're thinking what in the world is a whole family doing bear huntin'...with a stick? But trust me, it's a fun book to read. You'll be saying the lines in no time.  You may also want to use it for a cheer when you're in high school. Sometimes, you may hear your mom saying the lines while she's washing the dishes.


"Corduroy"
I love this book. Corduroy, the bear, just wants a friend.  Nuff said.


"Animalia"
Alright, this is probably one of the coolest books I've ever seen.  This is learning ABCs with a twist. Each page has stunning art work by Graeme Base comprised of things and animals starting with the letters of the alphabet.  Don't forget to read the poem he wrote in the intro page so you'll know what to do.  Happy hunting!


Here is my side table with some of my books.  Gather all your friends around and get the reading party started!