Mar 12, 2010

Sally

We came home today and discovered Sally was not moving in her tank.  I asked my mom what happened and she reluctantly said Sally had died. She sadly explained that living things, big and small, pass on at some time in their lives.  But that we need to enjoy them and not take them for granted while they are with us.  Then we started talking about how silly Sally was. And how we enjoyed her. You see, Sally was my very first fish that I got from the Los Angeles County Fair back in October.  She provided a calm and soothing presence in our kitchen.  She lived in a little fish tank we put on our windowsill.  Day after day, she watched sunny days and rainy days come and go.  She was always so happy to see people and she wagged her little tail when you come close and feed her.
I am sad, but I try to remember how she made me happy. 
Goodbye, Sally.  I'll miss you.