Aug 10, 2010

Maya's Movie Corner

I love watching movies.  I've seen many Hayao Miyazaki movies, but some of them are creepy like "Spirited Away".  My parents would try to stop the DVD, but I insist on watching it.  So I watch creepy movies like this:

Some of the movies I've seen by Hayao Miyazaki in the order I liked them:
1) My Neighbor Totoro - 10 thumbs up
2) Spirited Away

Other movies I like and have seen a hundred times and are still on regular rotation:

Movies that I'd like to see again when the DVD comes out:

One film that I recently watched was "The Weeping Camel". It was really good. The film was set in Mongolia and it follows the story of a family of nomadic shepherds in the Gobi Desert and how they tried to help a new born camel be accepted by his mother.  I was really sad when the mother abandoned the baby.  What mom would do that?  After watching the film, I asked my mom if she's going to abandon me like that. She assured me that that's not gonna happen.  So it's all good.

My parents like watching movies too.  One time they watched "Paranormal Activity" and my mom hid behind the pillow just like me.