Aug 4, 2010

Summer Spideys


Mom and I came home one afternoon from work and school.  Everything was fine.  I grabbed my toys and started playing with them. My mom put away groceries that we just got from the store.  Then suddenly, I heard "FUDDDGGGGE!!" from the kitchen.  I peeked in there and saw my mom sorta frozen in a position like a Pointer dog.  She's staring at something on the kitchen window.  Eh, whatever, I went back to playing.  Then I heard her taking all kinds of cleaning agents out from under the sink and she's walking back and forth.  I kept playing.  Then she grabbed a bag of chips, walked backwards into the living room, sat down on the couch as she popped chips in her mouth while never taking her eyes off on something in the kitchen.

Mom:  "Hey Maya, there's a huge spider in the kitchen. Go take a look."

I looked and oh yes, the thing is probably as big as my hand if stretched out. I think it's a grass spider. It made it's way in the house somehow.  I suspect it hitched a ride on Charlie while he napped under the bushes in the yard.  I wanted to post the spider pictures, but since my mom is my blog secretary, she refuses to do so.  It gives her the hibbie gibbies.  So go on the link instead if you wanna know how they look like.

Mom: "What should I do?" (scratching my head, I'm the 3 year old here)
Me: "You should snap it." (smacking the coffee table to demonstrate).
Mom: "What if I'm scared of it?" (still munching on chips)
Me: "You shouldn't be scared.  It doesn't bite."
Mom: "Should I wait for daddy?"
Me: "No. Go snap it."
Mom: "But I don't want to smash it."
Me: "Then spray it with this." (handing her one of the cleaning agents she already took out)
Mom: "What do I do with it afterwards?"
Me: "Well, you pick it up, put it in the trash, daddy will take it out, and the garbage truck will take it away."
Mom: (looks at me, blinking, while still chewing a mouthful of chips).

Then she gets up, grabs the bottle of wrath, and starts spraying.  The thing would not die.  Took about 3-4 types of solutions to suffocate the thing.  It finally succumbed to a lung-full of 409 and dropped behind one of the little kitchen displays mom puts on the window ledge.  She then texted daddy and told him he needs to retrieve it when he gets home.

My mom's weird sometimes.