Sep 6, 2010

San Diego

We went to visit my daddy's daddy over the weekend. We went to the zoo and visited my daddy's favorite spots as a child. 
It was kinda hot as we walked about the zoo.  Even the meerkats just want to hang in the shade.
Koalas really have it good.  They just hang out and eat all day.
The zoo has a new exhibit called Elephant Odyssey.  Very impressive facility.  Reminds me of the dinosaur cages in the movie Jurrassic Park
We all wished we were swimming with this huge hippo in this yummy green water.
Daddy found another source of lunch.  Eww.  I just really want to ride this big kitty cat.
I got to sit in a helicopter.  I'll fly one one day.  Oh and the polar bears were roaming about not wanting to dip in the icy water.
Sunset Cliffs are always part of our agenda when visiting San Diego.
       
With the parents at sunset.
We drove around and saw daddy's childhood home and also the playground he played in.   
   
I think I'm hanging on the same climbers he used as a child. Then we got to ride a train around Balboa Park. You see that guy I'm sharing the train car with?  Cool huh?  He doesn't talk much.
Choo-choo!