Nov 19, 2010

Selvatura Park

Okay, this is kinda crazy. But I went zip lining in the cloud forest in Costa Rica.
We ziplined at Selvatura Park in Monteverde.
Here's our group. Had to ride up a van to higher elevation. After we're finished with all 2 miles worth of ziplining and hiking, the exit is actually just right behind where this van is parked. Amazing.
Here's me waiting to be attached to the line. Once your in, no turning back.
Here's me zooming away with my friend Mario. I had to go with someone because I'm tiny.
Wa-hoo!
Here's mommy.
Here comes daddy.
Here's us waiting our turn. There were about 15 lines we had to go on and land on about 14 platforms attached to trees.
It was pretty cool. You should try it one day.
 
 Daddy tried the optional Tarzan swing. You have to climb stairs to this platform that's several feet up, then once secured, you jump. Whoo-boy, it was scary. It swings you way out in the jungle.
 It actually made one man scream like a girl. It was entertaining for everyone. Not my daddy, he just hollered and whoa'd himself down with a sprinkle of choice words.
 After ziplining, we ate at the Selvatura Restaurant. I konked out in my mom's arms.
 While I was napping, daddy visited the Hummingbird Gallery. Lots of these lil guys zippin' around him as he took pictures.
 After I woke up, we continued on to do the Selvatura Treetop Hanging Bridges. It's a series of 8 bridges totaling about 1.9 miles. Here's one of the lower ones.
 A view as the clouds start to roll in.
 A sight to behold as you hike through the woods.
Here's the view from one of the highest bridges.
It's kinda scary because at that higher ones (180 ft up!) the winds start blowing and yes, the bridge start to dance. It's exciting.