Oct 30, 2011

A Birth of a New Kitchen

Oh hey there. I'm very happy to report that we have a functioning kitchen again.
After weeks of this,...
...living in gray Sterilite bins,...
...loud banging and drilling noises,...
...using our living room as storage, makeshift kitchen, chaos central, and war room,...
...and with daddy's coordination, research, and patience; friends' helping hand; and grandpa's craftsmanship, expertise, and willingness to drive several times up on the weekends to see us to measure, craft, deliver, and install....it is finally done.  My daddy got really giddy as they laid the countertop.  After all his sweat, tears, frustration, and hard work, the kitchen finally came to fruition.
Here's my first morning in the new kitchen with eggs and pancakes to celebrate.
Thank you, Grandpa Dave, for building our cabinets. You are awesome! As a present, he gave me one of his custom-made stools that I like to zoom around in every time we visit their home.  Now, I get to zoom on it at home!  

If you're interested in my grandpa's business, please visit his website at:
He makes awesome cabinets.