Oct 9, 2011

An interesting chain of events

How's your Sunday morning?  I hope it was nice.  Mine started like this.  I woke up.  Looked for my mom who was already having her coffee.  Sat on her lap for a while for a cuddle.  Then we went to my room to read one of my new books we ordered from Scholastic Books through my school.
 I picked Fancy Nancy Sees Stars. My mom and I read it and after we finished my mom asked, " Hey, do you want to go to a planetarium like Nancy in the book?"  I said why yes, of course!  So we went and jumped on my dad who was still sleeping and told him of our morning plans.  First we got grunts.  Then he eventually woke up and we got going.
We went to Griffith Park Observatory. Turned out to be a beautiful day for a visit.
 There's the dome.
There were lots of interesting things to see inside. I checked out various elements.  Wow, there are so many.
Here's inside the Samuel Oschin Planetarium
We watched the "Water is Life" show.  It was awesome!
 Lots of telescopes to peek through.  Let's see where the Big Dipper is...
 Have your seen the movie "Despicable Me"?  I wonder if i could steal this moon... You'd know what I mean if you saw the movie.  Hee-hee..
 Mars looks like Arizona.
Okay, I was talking to this guy named Einstein and he told me to check out what's on his finger.  
I'm very suspicious about it.  I hope he's not making me check out his boogers.
More binoculars to peek through.
 Hollywood sign behind us.
Here's Los Angeles for you.
I got to pick a souvenir between Polly pocket version of astronauts or a space shuttle.  I picked the space shuttle.
I figured I already have Polly Pocket dolls.  I think they need a space shuttle to take them to and back from space.  This one looks like it'll do the job.
Image courtesy of Wikipedia.
Have you seen a space launch?  Just amazing.  The shuttle goes on a piggy back ride on solid rocket boosters.  I wonder what my mom and dad will say if I told them that I'd like a rocket booster for Christmas...

I learned a lot today.  We didn't plan to go anywhere or do anything, but one discovery led to another and I had an awesome day.  

Keep discovering and learning.