Oct 7, 2012

Sleep Over Adventure and a Half Marathon

Kayla slept over this weekend.
 Daddy and I watching "Adventure Time" on the couch the morning before Kayla showed up.
 Ta-daaah!  Here she is!
 In our bathing suits in the jump house.
 Playing dress up after we messed everything up.  Of course, I had to wear my mom's high heels. You know what's different about this sleep over?  Only my daddy was in charge over us crazy girls.  That's overnight with no mommies in sight.  Well...lola helped him for a couple of hours to give us a shower while daddy picked up pizza. But still, that's nuts.  Guess why he's the only one in charge?  Because the mommies ran the Long Beach Half Marathon and they stayed overnight there so they didn't have to drive early in the morning.
 Here's mommy and auntie getting ready.
 Waiting for their wave to go.  There were 11,200 people participating in the half marathon.  Then there's more people that did the marathon and 5k.  I think there might've been about 17,000+ people participating overall.  Lotsa crazy folks paying to go the distances.
 Here's mommy's medal.  It's pretty hefty.
Here's auntie completing her very first half marathon.  Congrats auntie!  Great job!
Now the mommies are taking the day off tomorrow from work to recover.  =)

Special thanks to my daddy for his tremendous patience with me and Kayla. 
Boy, we had fun!