Apr 15, 2013

Why are there bad people?

I stayed home today because I am wheezing and coughing like an old man.  I was taken to urgent care by my parents at 2am to get checked up because I was having difficulty breathing.  When I finally woke up in the morning, my mom was watching the Boston Marathon on tv.  She was telling me about the athletes and I recognized a couple, Shalane Flanagan and Kara Goucher, because they are on her Runners' World Magazine cover.  It was pretty cool to see how fast the athletes run with a consistency of a metronome.  Then this Jeptoo lady and Desisa guy won.  Wow, they were fast.  Then I went did what sick 6 year olds do after I was given my prescribed meds, lay on the floor of my room, and stare and sorta play.  
Shalane and Kara
(photo credit: nike.com)
Then I heard my mom calling me in the living room telling me that there was an explosion at the race.  I'm confused.  Why?  And why are people bleeding? This is weird.  I asked my mom why this is happening.  She told me that sometimes there are very bad people who are cowards that would try to harm innocent people to scare their community or country.  She also told me that the bad people did this at this race because they want to hurt as many people as they can.  That's not cool.  I really hope they find out who they are.