Jun 15, 2013

Father's Day 2013

 This is the day my daddy said he'll be there for me forever.
Protecting me in my sleep.
 and  when he's washing dishes in his underwear.
 and also when he's trying to do some work at home.
 He sees the world through my eyes.
Even when they are closed.
You taught me how to swim.
You taught me how to ride my bike without training wheels in 10 minutes.
You taught me how to do armpit farts.
You taught me how to play video games.
You taught me how to play frisbee.
You taught me how to hang a spoon on my nose.
You taught me how to jump on the bed and make a mess.
We look for good parks with playgrounds to trespass in.
Every morning you wake me up for school. You already have my bowl and spoon laid out the night before ready to be filled with the cereal  of my choice in the morning.
You take me to school and I climb on your back and we race across the grassy field to make the school bell.
We laugh together.  Hard.   
You never complain when I want a piggy back ride or if I wanted to be carried.  
You taught me how to be adventurous.
Never judging, never putting me down, just correcting and encouraging me along through my mistakes and faults. 
You encourage me to climb higher and higher in the climber.  You push me higher and higher in a swing.  In your eyes, there are no limits and I can aim as high and as far as I want.  I close my eyes as the wind blows through my hair knowing that you'll always be there cheering me on no matter what.
 You're my bestest buddy in the world.
I am grateful to have a dad like you.  

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DADDY!
I love you!