Jul 20, 2011

At the Playhouse

My cousin Kayla and I went to see a participation musical recently.  It was held at a little theater called Sierra Madre Playhouse in a little town called Sierra Madre.  The musical was about Cinderella.  It was pretty cool because all the kids got to participate as mice who helps Cinderella.  I was mouse number #14 and Kayla #15.  I think.  There were a lot of us.
Announcement: "The prince invites everyone to the ball." As the hairy, dude-ish, step sisters fought about what to wear, we, the mice, were busy thinking of ideas how Cinderella can attend the ball, too. Then poof!  Her fairy godmother appeared and grants her wish. 
Here's her in her blue dress and pumpkin carriage on her way to the ball.
 In the meantime, the prince has started the party already and danced with all the lovely ladies.  I didn't want to dance with him though.  I was kinda shy.
 Then Cinderella arrived!  And she and the prince danced the whole night away until midnight.
Fast forward, the prince found her through the glass slipper fitting and had a cool time together after that.  It was an enjoyable musical.  I like that Cinderella wrote her own songs and she could also play the guitar.

Support your local theater.