Jul 3, 2011

Moro Rock

We woke up early to get going. There is construction on the winding roads up on the mountains so we have to allow about an hour delay going up and also going down.
Here we are stuck on the road with fellow travelers with about 30 more minutes to go.  Kids and their parents come out of their cars and explore.
From where we are parked, we can see our destination: Moro Rock.  We're going to climb that rock.
This delay doesn't bother me at all. It's just another chance to explore parts of the mountain.
Oh yeah, more rocks.
And we're going. We're now entering the Giant Forest.
We've now reached our destination.  I like to hang every chance I get.
Here's me in 2008 doing the same thing with my butt-butt being supported by my dad.  Look at his sweaty pits.  Do you like what his shirt says?
Making our way up Moro Rock.
Check out the view.
See the winding road below? That's where we were stuck for about an hour.
Mommy and I making our way up, up, and up 400 steps.
Do you see the the river down there? That's Kaweah River.  The same river that runs behind our lodge. 
We made it to the top!  
We also made it to the top back in 2008, but with me in a backpack.  This time around I climbed and conquered "The Rock" on my own.
And we made it down.  Now, I'm hungry.  Let's eat lunch!