Jul 3, 2011

Crescent Meadow

There are a bunch of warnings for people who visit Sequoia National Park.  Below are just some.
I especially like "Cougars live in these parks....If attacked, fight back"  Duh.
Here we are in Crescent Meadow.  You can feel the heavy heat pressing down.
Standing next to a stump.
Here's us back in 2008. I was still in my BOB stroller being pushed like Queen Sheba around Crescent Meadow.
Did I mention there are large trees here?  This one is one of the smaller ones.
Really tall trees.
Not sure what I'm doing here.  Looks like I'm trying to slap my dad for making me walk on this log. But no, I think I was trying to get a bug off his face.
Cranky rock with two cranky hikers.
All this time we were walking, I've been looking for the perfect hiking stick.  I think I just found it.
Making our way back through a felled tree what cars can go through.
Nice breeze blowing in the car.
Swimming. A perfect way to end a sweaty hiking day.
Oooh, is that a bear taking a dip?  Nah, just one of our neighbors.