Jul 5, 2011

Beetle Dialogue

June Bug: "Argh! I've fallen and I can't get up." (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle)
Little Girl: "No worries. I'll help you."
Little Girl: "There you go, little bug.  You feel better?"
 June Bug: "Yes, thank you.  I make a nice bug ring, don't I?
Little Girl: "Sure, you do."
 June Bug: "I need to go now. My mom's waiting for me."
Little Girl: "Alright, June bug I'll let you go.  Just don't come near my mom.  She's not very fond of bugs."
June Bug: "Okay. I'll keep that in mind."
* Smiles*

My mom recently read this article:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-bloom/how-to-talk-to-little-gir_b_882510.html
and in the process of getting the book, Think: Straight Talk for Women to Stay Smart in a Dumbed-Down World .
She couldn't agree more.
If you have a little girl, you might want to read them.  It just so happens that the girl in the article is also named Maya. Tee-hee.