Nov 25, 2011

Giving Thanks 2011

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our family yesterday.  My cousin Leanne said a very eloquent grace before we ate the feast.  It was very nice.  We had a very late night and boy, was I tired.

Today, was catch up day on sleep and movie day.  After enjoying The Muppets, we had dinner at our favorite spot. My mom and dad talked a about a lot of things like the politics, economy, and life.  I was busy playing with the salt and paper shakers, but I was listening. After dinner, I told my mom and dad that I want to take a walk in Sierra Madre, a quaint little town just west of us. We did and I did my usual climbing rock boulders in front a church and scaling low walls and planters and hopping over giant pots with my dad's assistance (I'm part Spider Man, you know). We stopped by and watched a guy put together a life-sized manger in the town's center.  He hauled Mama Mary and Baby Jesus from the back of his truck, which was kinda weird. But once it's finished, it'll be beautiful.  It got darker as we walked through the quiet streets.  My mom let me borrow her tiny flashlight to light our path.  I actually stopped talking and spent the last half of our walk in silence.  I think all of us were just thinking how grateful we are that we get to do this together.  With that, I want to share some remarks from a beautiful Thanksgiving note from my Great Grandma:
 ~
We are thankful for the freedom to worship.

We are thankful for the freedom to speak our minds.

We are thankful for the freedom to change our minds.

We are thankful for the freedom to chart our lives.

We are thankful for the freedom to work for a better world.

We are  thankful for the freedom to celebrate these holidays.

~

Here are some snaps from our family Thanksgiving.

There were almost 50 of us!
 Good thing we had all this food.  We are very thankful for this feast. 
 Here are my second cousins.  These are my mom's first cousins' kids (are ya following me?) except for that guy holding me.  It was good to see them because many of them are now living on their own or are away at college.   
Here are the "big" kids trying to burn off the Thanksgiving calories by playing "Just Dance" on Wii.  They took turns and got all sweaty and stuff.  They were funny.

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving with your loved ones.