Nov 11, 2011

Leisurely Time with Mom

Today is Veteran's Day.  It's a holiday, so I don't have school and my mom didn't work. We hung out, ran some errands, and ate lunch at our favorite place.  We wanted to go to the mall, but it was packed, so I suggested that we just go to our favorite oasis, the L.A. Arboretum. I kinda know how to navigate the place now, so she let me take the lead.  
By the entrance.
Me brisk walking.
Me and the leaves.
Me scolding the geese.
Me cooking our lunch.
Me doing yoga.
Hanging out on the grass doing absolutely nothing.
My mom has been a little stressed and has been feeling a little overwhelmed lately so this is a nice break.
We laid on the grass and just watched the clouds go by.  I told her to take her shoes off and relax.  I know she's sort of forgotten how to do that, so I have to remind her to enjoy just the stillness and moment of doing nothing. Hang in there, mommy.