Dec 4, 2011

Birthday Fun Day at Kidspace Museum

This weekend, I celebrated my 5th birthday with friends and family at Kidspace Museum. 
Mommy writing on the cake. 
Celebration! 
 I love the balloon lady because...
 ...she made me a a ginormous balloon cupcake hat!
 We got a visit from Ozzy, a bearded dragon.
 He actually feels nice.
 We also got a visit from another Kidspace Museum resident...
 named Rosie.  She's a tarantula.  Cool huh?
 My friends were intrigued by Rosie and had lots of questions about her.
 Moms, dads, and grandparents eating and watching the activities unfold.
 The parachute activity was a lot of fun.
 I got to sit in the middle.  Whoo-hoo!
 Not sure what I was doing here, but looks like I'm having fun.
 Then we did limbo rock.
 Really, how low can you go?  Hahaha!
 My cousin Kayla with her giant flower balloon.
 Science time!
 We put our goggles on and started stirring a mysterious substance that turned to....
 slime!  Nice!
 How about a puppet show?
 More activities.  This one is cool.  After we colored the bowl and the fish, we cut, folded, and glued it on the end of a pencil.  Then we held the pencil between our the palm of our hands below the paper and started spinning like we're rubbing your hands together.  As the paper flipped around rapidly, the bowl and the fish start to look like they're one drawing.  Paper animation!
 My littlest guest, Kaitlyn.
 Cake time!
 Picture of a picture.
 Even the moms got their flower balloon bracelets.
 Family.
 Everyone say cheese!
Or say 'aaaahhh'.
 After the party, everyone got to explore the exhibits in the museum.  We're looking for dinosaur bones and fossils here.
 We got to meet a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach.  He/she wasn't hissing at us when we met him/her.
 Then went outside for bike rides.  Unfortunately, the beautiful gardens were closed to the public due to the damage and debris from the high winds.  
It was a fun day!  Thanks for celebrating with us!