Dec 4, 2011

High Winds

On the eve of my birthday, the Santa Ana winds decided to visit Southern California.  It was scary hearing the winds blow through.  It sounded like a freight train passing on the side of our house.  It kept my mom up as she worried about trees toppling around us.  When morning came, our front lawn and our neighbors' were trashed with palm fronds and leaves and branches from all over.  Our neighbors on the other side of the street lost their power.  I don't think there were any casualties, but it the winds did do some physical damage to structures especially in the city of Pasadena.  Because of damage and lost of power, school was canceled in many cities including my school. I got to stay home and hang out with my cousin Kayla, who's school also closed.  If you live in one of the affected cities, I hope you are okay.