Aug 5, 2012

Pixar in Concert

 My parents and I went to the Hollywood Bowl to see Pixar in Concert.  Pixar is the animation studios that made "Toy Story 1, 2, & 3", "Cars", "Up", "Monsters Inc", "Finding Nemo", "The Incredibles", "Wall-E", and "Brave".  As you can see, these are all my favorite movies.
 It was neat to hear the orchestra play the music behind the films.  They had clips of the movies playing on the giant screens. Randy Newman, the guy who composed music for "Toy Story" and sang "You Got a Friend in Me" was sitting in the front row watching and enjoying the show, too.  
Thomas Wilkins, was the Principal Guest Conductor of the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra for Saturday night. He was really good at tying the show together with introductions and giving a background on the films and the music that they're about to play.  They brought in a bagpiper from Scotland to play for the film "Brave".  It was neat to hear him play with the orchestra. People really enjoyed the show.
Just some of the Pixar-related film character toys I've collected since I started watching movies.
I brought Merida (with red hair) with me to the show to keep me company.