Jun 7, 2010

Nature Explorer

I like to to explore the grounds of the Arboretum 
My mom usually joins me on these adventures.
She let's me be the lead explorer and let's me decide where to go and stuff.
She's also my body guard.  For example, this duck hissed at me when I, apparently,
violated his personal space while he was preening himself.  
My mom told be to back off slowly so we don't get attacked by a pissed off ducky. 
She also cautious about me talking to squirrels. Who wants a squirrel
on their face anyway?  Not me. And to our surprise, we saw a wild rabbit
in the bushes that was challenging the squirrel.  That was cool.
Of course, during these adventures I have to figure out sources of water
so we don't pass out of thirst. I use my intuition and sense of smell to find water. 
In this case, we actually found a water fountain...in the jungle.  Weird.
As a source of energy, we pack snacks like gummy fruit.  I eat this while we walk. 
I hear critters in the bushes follow us as I eat.  I hold to the gummy fruit bag real tight.
After our adventure, I usually refuse to budge off a spot. 
Like a lazy dog after a long walk, you know?
That means my personal porter would have to carry me
on and off until we get to our car.