Jun 9, 2010

Sleep

When I wasn't born yet, my parents slept soundly and nicely.  Then I was born,
sleep for them was...what sleep?  As I got older, it got a little better because I was 
sleeping in my room.  Then I turned 2. That's when I decided that it would be a good 
idea to get up at 2am and walk over to my parents room and sleep between them. 
This puzzled them, but they let me anyway.  It started to get annoying because it 
reminded them of the dark days when they had broken sleep or no sleep at all.  
What's worse is they woke up every hour with various body parts shoved in their 
ribs, nose, ears, or eyeballs.  Sometimes, a karate face smack might occur at 3am 
and they really didn't like that.  We usually ended up in this formation:


I also tend to get hot so I always get out of the blanket and do this:
This leaves half of my parents' bodies exposed to the cold while I maintained
a nice body temperature because I'm still sandwiched between them.  They didn't 
like that either.  Good new is, I am now back sleeping in my room!  Like I mean 
straight through the night.  My parents are really happy about that, but once in a
while I hear them talking about how they miss getting kneed in the spine at 2:30am.

Images courtesy of Christoph Niemann's blog from New York Times:
Check his work.  They're really cool