Apr 5, 2012

Mirror Lake, Lower Yosemite Falls, and Vernal Falls Footbridge hike

We went hiking for the next two days. 
 Here's me and daddy hiking to Mirror Lake.
 I invented this thing where you hook on a stick to one of your parents' backpacks and let them pull you like a burro on steeper inclines of the hikes. It works.
 Mirror Lake.
 It really isn't a lake. But it sure looks like a mirror because of the stillness of the water.
 I discovered that there's a thin layer of ice on top of the water. 
 Here's a piece.  Neat, huh?
 Break time on a rock.
We saw this family pass by as we were taking a break.  My daddy asked the other daddy if that was a Snuggie wrapped around the little boy.  He said it's his mommy's jacket.  Little boy fell into the shallow cold water.  Curious little boy.
 We took the shuttle to get around.  Destination: Lower Yosemite Falls.
 There it is.
 And here's us.
 Choo-choo train again.
 Beautiful falls.  It was freezing cold here.
 Amongst the trees.
 Getting ready to cross the log that my daddy found along our hike. 
 There's undisturbed snow on the other side.  Let's go!
 Yup.  Did I tell you I like snow?
 Uh oh, boot got stuck.  Mommy to the rescue.
 Making a mini snow girl.
 Here she is.
 La familia.
 Crossing back on another log.  This log was narrower than the first one.  Mommy first.
Let's go to Vernal Falls!
 I am really happy among rocks.
 I brought Wolfie with me to keep me company.
 We reached the footbridge.  Wow, that was a strenuous hike.  There's few more miles to go that my parents hiked long time ago.  But not this time.  Not if they don't want to haul me way up there.
 Chillin' on a rock.
More rocks.  This is a little steep that makes my mommy's heart stop.  But daddy encouraged me and taught me how to come down using the "teeth" of my shoes.  No problem.
 One of the hiking paths.  Looks like it's going to drop off huh?
 Vernal Falls Footbridge with mom.
 Sight from the footbridge.
  A path in the middle of a rock slide pile.
 Daddy and me at the footbridge.
 Mommy in deep thought after the hike.
 Me busy folding towels.  Don't know why.
It was great fun. 
 Come visit if you haven't yet or come again.
Farewell. 'Til next time.