Apr 5, 2012

Out and about in San Francisco

The rain stopped and the sky cleared in the afternoon after the Exploratorium. So we decided to explore. 
The Palace of Fine Arts in Presidio Park.
It was windy and chilly.  Brrrr.
These ducks where following me around as I walked on the side of the pond.
Having a happy moment. Or Sound of Music moment.
Beautiful.
Not sure what I'm doing, but I think I'm either in awe of the ceiling or I'm trying to taste the air.
We didn't get to ride the cable cars, but hopefully next time.
Had hot cocoa at Ghirardelli place.  No big deal.  You pay your loot.  They give you hot milk and 4 pieces of Ghirardelli chocolate.  Dump the chocolate in the hot milk and voila! Hot cocoa.  (my mom was like...'really?')
Do you see the other photographer in this picture? Do you know what he and my daddy was taking a picture of?
Alcatraz.  I think they used to dump very bad kids here.
Mama and me.
Hey, we can see the Golden Gate Bridge from our hotel window. Awesome!
Did I tell you I like walking backwards?  My parents hold my hands and they lift me up (backwards!) over puddles and things.  It's pretty fun.  Try it.
We walked this pier all the way.
Beach in front of Ghirardelli Square.  There are some people swimming in this frigid weather.  I think they may be training for a triathlon or maybe just for fun.
Food on Fisherman's Warf.  Daddy's drooling.
We had dinner at Nick's Lighthouse.  The restaurant is so tight and small and jammed pack with people. I guess that's a good sign. 
See behind me? That's the front door, cash register, and rolls of receipt paper. People coming in. Servers all around with piles of food to put down. People yelling things about lobsters and such. Owner walks in waving a dripping giant lobster in his hands as the lobster's tail flips water at the eating customers. (Ick?) After making a deal with a customer, he goes out and orders one of his waiters to give that customer the best service. Pretty cool to observe.
We also went to Pier 39 to visit these sea lions. They're kinda funny.  See that shiny sea lion in the middle?  He just came out of the water and just jumped right on his buddies.  That's when they all start making noises.  I would too if I'm perfectly situated and suddenly someone wedges their 800 lbs self in my spot?  I would holler too.  See that guy or gal on the forefront of the picture?  He looks like the Lorax to me.
On our way back.  I like this city.  I'll be visiting again soon.